The Academic programme
Dipl. Hoteliere-Gastronomin HF / Dipl. Hotelier-Gastronom HF
The HF course at SHL is based on the long-standing experience that future management employees should have experienced all areas of a hotel business. The diverse, true-to life semesters at SHL together with the in-depth specialised internships in the professional world clearly reflect this philosophy and lead to comprehensive competencies that are indispensable for the successful managing of a company.
- Semester 1: Gastronomy (20 weeks)
- Semester 2: Internship Gastronomy (24 weeks)
- Semester 3: Hotel Industry (14 weeks)
- Semester 4: Internship Hotel Industry (24 weeks)
- Semester 5: Business Administration (14 weeks)
- SHL Special: Management Internship (24 weeks)
- Semester 6: Corporate Management (14 weeks)
With justifiable effort, the SHL diploma can be supplemented with the «Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Major in Hospitality Management» at the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts.
Keen to learn more?
Download the brochUre
FACTS AND REGISTRATION
- Semester dates
- Semester fees
- Registration form
- Conditions of admission:
- Reaching the age of 18
- Federal Certificate of Competence (EFZ) or another secondary level II qualification (e.g. Matura or secondary vocational school)
- Native German speaker or proof of German language skills at level C1
- Before the start of semester 6: proof of knowledge of a second foreign language (in addition to English) at level B1
Experience SHL up close
This is an exciting opportunity for you to discover SHL Schweizerische Hotelfachschule Luzern and our heritage, feel the SHL spirit, learn more about our programmes, the opportunities available to you, and our application and admission process.
Individual Counseling Session
The dates of the information afternoons do not suit you or you would rather have an individual counseling session (online or at SHL) with us? No problem! Make an appointment with us right here.
EXPERIENCE SHL UP CLOSE